Organic Ginger Powder
Ginger is in the same botanical family as turmeric and cardamom and has been prized by traditional healers as both a food and medicine. It has a strong, peppery flavor that’s also sweet and warm.
Some of its health benefits include:
- May ease chronic inflammation due to some of its compounds (gingerol, shogaol, paradol and zingerone);
- Believed to be good for brain health;
- May help relieve joint and muscle pain;
- Supports digestive health and chronic indigestion;
- May help regulate blood sugar;
- Is an anti-bacterial that may help prevent and alleviate infections and colds; and
- May help relieve nausea.
Ingredients: Organic ginger root powder (Zingiber officinale)
Add to curries, stews, stir-fries and baking. Delicious on carrots and sweet potatoes. Gives an added zing to smoothies. For an easy tea, add ¼ teaspoon to a cup of boiling water.
Warning: If you plan to use a superfood for medicinal purposes, it’s always a good idea to consult your medical practitioner first.