Cacao powder comes from the beans of the Theobroma cacao tree. The raw seeds are minimally processed and milled into a fine powder. Raw cacao has an unmistakable chocolate flavour with some bitterness to it.
Cacao is classified as a superfood because of its nutritional profile. Raw cacao:
- Is a healthy source of proteins, fiber and healthy fats;
- Is rich in minerals such as magnesium, iron, phosphorus, zinc, selenium and copper;
- Is high in antioxidants;
- Contains anandamide, a natural euphoric compound; and
- Contains tryptophan, a natural antidepressant.
Eating this superfood has some great health benefits:
- It fights oxidative stress;
- It enhances mood and may be a powerful brain food;
- It’s good for blood pressure and heart health; and
- It may help to control blood sugar.
Ingredients: Raw organic cacao powder
How to use: Add to smoothies. Use to make chocolates, puddings or snack bars. Add to cereals or blend with nut milks and some sweetener for a healthy hot chocolate.